Our middle school interscholastic athletic program is a strong, vibrant part of our school community. With a focus on sportsmanship, team work, and teaching life lessons through competitive sports, we field five teams in four sports. We compete against other independent schools in the area during the fall and winter seasons. All of our teams are currently coached by Saint Andrew’s teachers. Below is information that hopefully answers most of the frequently-asked questions. For further information or clarification, contact Phil Buckingham at email@example.com.
Fall Sports – Cross Country and Soccer
- All practices are held on campus beginning at dismissal and ending at 5:00 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Practices for soccer and cross country will begin on Wednesday, August 30.
- We will have a mandatory parent meeting for both cross country and soccer parents on Thursday, August 31 at 4:45 under the pavilion.
- All participants must complete the registration form (attached), provide proof of health insurance, and pay the athletic fee. The fee for fall sports is $200 per athlete (fee includes uniforms.) The registration form and fee are due by Tuesday, August 29.
- The parents are responsible for transportation to away athletic contests and home from them. Parents benefit greatly from setting up car pools. A note must be sent to the office giving permission for a child to ride with another family.
- The fall season concludes on October 30 with a home cross country meet and the Blue Heron Invitational during Spirit Week at Saint Andrew’s
- Cross country – One coed team that practices together. The girls and boys run separate races at the same meets. Typically, the students race once a week beginning in the middle of September. Schedule to follow shortly.
- Soccer (schedule attached) – We have one coed team for grades 5-8. If our numbers dictate a second team, we may try to schedule a few games specifically for our younger players. We do not cut athletes from the team; however, playing time is not equal. The coaches make every attempt to play every player in every game, but the level of competition and the numbers of players on the team factor into the amount of playing time each player has in a game. If you have specific questions, please contact Mr. Buckingham.